What matters behind the scenes
Cisco Webex collaboration software provides open mobile collaboration for users and peace of mind for IT and information-security leaders.
Security and encryption
We keep your team collaboration information safe. With Cisco Webex Teams, your data is private—all content, messages, files, even whiteboard drawings. You get always-on encryption and options to manage encryption keys on your servers.
- End-to-end encryption. Your information is encrypted before it leaves your device, not just in transit and at rest. Your content is protected end to end.
- Fast, simple search. When users search, matches are retrieved and sent to the user’s device before they’re decrypted.
- User identity and access. Only successfully authenticated users can view messages and files in Cisco Webex Teams spaces.
- Device and browser protection. Customize application and device security controls, including idle time-out for web clients, device PIN enforcement, and remote wipe of Cisco Webex Teams content cached on mobile devices.
Administrators can define compliance settings for retention, search and extract reports for eDiscovery, and integrate with existing compliance software.
- Flexible retention. Cisco Webex Teams stores content indefinitely, until a user deletes it, or per administrator-defined retention policies.
- eDiscovery. To meet legal and regulatory needs, compliance administrators can search and extract content. Search all activities, text messages, and content, as well as contextual data such as timestamps, space IDs, and participant IDs.
- Data loss prevention. Use the Cisco Webex Events API to poll for events and content so that you can monitor and respond to user behavior. Integrate the Events API with your cloud access security broker (CASB), data loss prevention system (DLP), archival platform, or eDiscovery software to check for policy violations and to take remediation action.
- Archive. The Cisco Webex Events API enables polling for events to archive the content in an archival application.
Management and analytics
Cisco Webex Control Hub is the gateway for provisioning, administration, and analytics in Cisco Webex Teams. Included with any paid subscription to Cisco Webex Teams, the hub provides a dashboard for usage and performance
- User management. Enter user details manually, or upload them in batches. Automatically add or delete users by using Cisco Webex Hybrid Services to synchronize with Microsoft Active Directory. You can also integrate single sign-on (SSO) services so that users must enter their IT-approved password to access Cisco Webex Teams.
- Reporting and metrics. Measure adoption trends and develop business insights through usage reports. Administrators can also monitor quality of service, capacity, and performance.
Cisco Webex Teams Certifications; Regulatory Compliance; security and data privacy best practices